I found these ugly but sturdy green barrel chairs at my local thrift store for $5 a piece. I purchased them with the hopes of finding slipcovers for them. Well the ones that I bought were to big and wasn't what I was looking for. So they sat for a while and in the mean time I found two wingback chairs that I had to have. I wanted to reupholster them but have never done it. So I did my research and decided to start with my small ugly green chairs. Well I have to say that the hardest part of this whole project was taking the old fabric off while keeping it in tact so that I could make patterns from them. Soooo many staples and my hands hurt for days after. I found the fabric that I used online after lots of searching for just the right one and off I went. After only stabbing myself twice (thumb and wrist) and lots of patience I came out with a brand new chair. I hope this inspires some people to try this because it was so worth it. Below is a run down of the total cost and the before and after pictures. Enjoy..
Fabric- 6 yards for $44
Tac strips- $8