Outside Projects

I was a busy bee this weekend. I redid a patio table that I have as well as some old banquet style chairs that I had sitting around. Man they were ugly. Why they ever made that color orange is beyond me. Anyway I had this fabric left over from another project, so I got some coordinating spray paint and went to town. It's so cute now and I finished it right as it started to rain as I'm sure you can see all the raindrops lol. The second project I did was an outdoor lounge. I spent not one dime on this. Its made entirely out of a leftover fence panel and 4x4 post. I used the two 8' pieces that hold the fence panels together, cut those to 70" for the long sides and used the other 26" pieces for the top and bottom. I screw those together then cut the post in 1 1/2 foot pieces for the legs then attached those with screws. I then used 7 pickets for the top. I cut those down and got two pieces from each picket for a total of 13 pieces.  I used my brad nailer to attach these. Also to make it stronger I added a 2x4 underneath. I painted it white. I had some old cushions so I sewed a new cover for it from a canvas drop cloth I had. Made a cute pillow and there you go. I plan on making another one to go with it. Its the perfect spot to get some sun.










Comments

Popular Posts