Getting it done..Slowly.

Well I haven't worked on anything big for awhile. It's been way to hot here in Il. the last few weeks to do any projects outside and I was on vacation last week. I got these two little things done last night. I got two of these giant wood embroidery hoops at the thrift store. I knew I wanted to make little memo/picture hangers out of them so I came up with a couple of ideas. I only got one of them done. I painted it an orange that I had and you couldn't really tell so I gave it a coat of white and then sanded the whole thing when it dried. I added some jute string and painted up some clothes pins to hang the memos and pictures from and you have a cute little hanger. The other is a shelf that I picked up at the same thrift store. It hangs in the corner and it a pretty good size. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, other than paint it. I stood there for a minute and then just went with it. I decide to do it red, white and blue. I painted parts of it red and blue and did the white over top of that so when I sanded the whole thing the other colors would show. I wanted it to be subtle. So here it is. Hope everyone has a good week.












Comments

Popular Posts